Welcome to the Exposure Research Lab at the University of Michigan! Our research focuses on the evaluation of exposures to a range of hazards and associated adverse health effects, with a particular focus on physical hazards and injuries.
We work in occupational and community settings both domestically and abroad, and are interested in incorporating new methodologies and exposure sensing technologies into research. We also have a strong interest in translating research findings into occupational and public health practice.
Primary research areas
- Development and refinement of exposure assessment methodologies
- Exploration of the auditory and non-auditory health effects of noise
- Investigation of the ototoxic effects of heavy metals
- Characterization of injury risk associated with work, noise and hearing loss
- Assessment of the effectiveness of health interventions and personal protective equipment
Check out the papers we’ve written.