1415 Washington Heights
Ann Arbor MI 48109
- PhD Candidate in Environmental Health Sciences, 2015-present, University of Michigan School of Public Health, Ann Arbor, MI
- MS in Environmental Policy, 2013-2015, University of Michigan School of Natural Resources and the Environment, Ann Arbor, MI
- BS in Biology, 2006-2012, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI
- Researcher, “Comprehensive solutions to electronic waste: Environmental health impacts in Kalasin, Thailand,” University of Michigan Department of Environmental Health Sciences, Ann Arbor, MI (2015-present)
- Researcher/PI, “Impact of alluvial artisanal and small-scale gold mining in the Madres de Dios River Basin, Peru: Total mercury levels in human and farmed fish populations,” University of Michigan School of Natural Resources and the Environment, Ann Arbor, MI (2015)
- Research Assistant, Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR), International Forestry Resources and Institutions (IFRI), Ann Arbor, MI (2013-2015)
- “Evaluation of occupational injuries and hearing loss among informal electronic waste recyclers” Society for Risk Analysis (December 2017). Washington, D.C.
- “Informal alluvial gold mining in the Madre de Dios river basin, Peru” Tinker Foundation at the International Institute, University of Michigan. (2015). Ann Arbor, MI
- “Climate change and oceans: Youth engagement” United Nations Forum Convention on Climate Change’s 20th Conference of the Parties (December 2014). Lima, Peru
- “Climate change and the Great Lakes” United Nations Conference of the Parties (2014)
- “Designing Integrative Solutions to Informal E-waste Recycling” Global Health Symposium. (October 2017). Detroit, MI.
- “Heavy Metal Exposure Assessment in an E-waste Community in Kalasin, Thailand” Environmental Health Sciences Symposium (March 2017). Ann Arbor, MI.
- “Heavy Metals Distribution in Rice and Soil in an E-waste Community.” Michigan University-Wide Sustainability and Environment Conference (February 2017).
- “Heavy metal exposures from electronic waste recycling in a Thai community” International Institute Fellowships Poster Session (November 2016). Ann Arbor, MI.
- 2017: NIOSH Pilot Project Research Training Program Grant, “Evaluating occupational hazards and total worker health in e-waste workers.”
- 2017: Society for Risk Analysis Occupational Healthy and Safety Specialty Group Student Merit Award
- 2016-2018: NIH, Environmental Toxicology and Epidemiology Training Grant: full tuition and stipend (5T32ES007062-33 &5T32ES007062-34)
- 2015-2016: National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health Scholarship: full tuition and stipend (5T42OH008455-11 & 5T42OH008455-12)
- Summer 2016: Center for Southeast Asian Studies Thai Studies Grant
- Summer 2016: International Institute Student Fellowship
- Summer 2016: Center for the Education of Women Eissel and Menakka Bailey Fellowship
- Summer 2014: Rackham Graduate Student Research Grant
- Summer 2014: Tinker Grant Field Research
- Summer 2014: International Institute Individual Fellowship